Welcome to the first week of February. It has been quite a week.
- Groundhogs came out to predict when spring would arrive. Don’t expect it anytime soon folks. Willie was back in his hole in a flash after spying his shadow, and weather forecasters sadly agree that winter isn’t going anywhere.
- Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead with a needle stuck in his arm; death an apparent drug overdose. What a waste of a great actor and human, feel most.
- The Seattle Seahawks obliterated the Denver Broncos at Superbowl XLVIII on Sunday with an overwhelming score of 43 to 08. Anyone see that one coming?
- Another winter snowstorm has struck Ontario, snarling traffic, closing schools and pushing area snowbanks up to perilous heights. Take it up with Willie…
- Rob Ford was in the news again. Do you even want to know why Toronto’s mayor has stolen international news yet again? Neither do we.
- Facebook turned 10. With 1.2 billion monthly active users, and 757 million people who log in daily, that is a lot of people to celebrate this social media site. You can even find CLC Tree Services on Facebook. Happy birthday FB!
The most exciting news by far though has got to be our announcement this week. You see we got an email from the Multi-Media Sales Rep at Sunmedia. Sunmedia operates the London Free Press. They are the company that conducts the annual “Best of London” survey. And they contacted us to inform us that CLC Tree Services won the Best Tree Service Company category of 2014!
Cue the fireworks!
Let me start by saying Thank You!
We want to thank everyone who has made this possible. Everyone from Boss Lady Anna Marie for making sandwiches for the crew, to Office Manager Christine for taking calls, scheduling appointments and organizing us. Boss Man Curt deserves a nod for having a great vision over 25 years ago, and Lead Hand Calvin gets props for stepping into his father’s large shoes to fill. Our hard-working crew shows up to give their all every day and Social Media guru Katherine writes about it all and shares it with the world.
Of course, we couldn’t be the Best of London without our amazing clients who support us and our Christmas Decor London company. Most importantly though, we want to thank everyone who took the time to vote and give us their support. It means so much to us to win this coveted accolade. We always strive to put our best steel-toed foot forward and London has recognized us the best way it knows how.
We just want to say CLC Tree Services appreciates it and will strive to keep up our level of integrity that got us this mark of recognition. Thanks London!