I bet there is a thing or two that you didn’t know about CLC Tree Services. Care to test your knowledge? See if you know these facts about CLC!
25 FACTS YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE KNOWN ABOUT CLC
- CLC Tree Services is celebrating 25 years of caring for the Forest City this year.
- The letters in CLC stand for Curt, Luke and Calvin (McCallum), as in the original owner and his two sons. We are still a proud, family-owned and operated company.
- Curt’s wife, Anna-Marie, has also been known to help out CLC whenever opportunity arises. Yeah, family!
- CLC was originally started as a stump removal service.
- CLC has since expanded to cabling, bracing, pruning, tree removal, planting, fertilizing, assessment, as well as emergency tree care and storm response.
CLC has worked on pretty much any and every tree in London, including a rarity in this part of the world – fan palm trees.
- Aside from their services, CLC has also been known to sell mulch and the occasional load of wood or two. Call for details!
- Estimates for services, whether for trees or Christmas Decor London, are always FREE.
- During the massive 3-day “Snowmaggeden” snowstorm in London, Ontario in 2010, plus into the icy days that followed, CLC took the initiative to offer ice removal services from clogged and frozen eaves troughs.
- Calvin is a Certified Arborist with the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA). So is Roy, another member of the team.
- Calvin is a member of the City of London Trees and Forest Advisory Committee.
- CLC is a member of the Ontario Commercial Arborists Association (OCAA).
- CLC supports the Million Tree Challenge in London, Ontario.
- CLC has been an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau since 1994.
- Curt is a Director of the Better Business Bureau Board
- CLC was honoured to receive the Better Business Bureau’s Business Integrity Award in 2010.
- CLC likes to give back to its community. Some of the ways that it does that is;
- Curt has donated blood 100+ times
- He is a Team Captain for the Thames Valley Trail Association (a volunteer organization that develops and maintains trails in London and area).
- Other ways that CLC has given back, was when they volunteered their services at the OCAA 2012 Annual Day of Service held at Family Services Thames Valley.
CLC has extended its goodwill to other communities farther afield too. After a tornado touched down in Goderich, Ontario in 2011, they packed up their truck and tools, and volunteered in the disaster relief efforts alongside Samaritan’s Purse.
- Three years ago, CLC bought a Christmas Decor franchise and now offers custom-designed, professional Christmas decoration installations.
- CLC has decorated many local businesses in Holiday finery, such as Relish, Black Walnut and Big and Tall.
- CLC uses only professional-grade LED lights in a wide variety of colours to suit your needs. We use our own lights, providing our customers with the opportunity to change colours from one year to the next. The lights are only used for a few years, before being discarded.
- CLC carries $5 million dollars of liability insurance to protect the home and business owners that we service, in the unlikely event of an accident or damage to property.
- CLC also covers its employees with Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) insurance.
- CLC joined the realm of social media in 2011 with the start of the CLC Blog and Facebook Business Page. Please take the time to visit our pages, like them and follow along on our journey for years to come!
And now you know a little bit more about CLC Tree Services, a small, local-London, tree service business. Fascinating, isn’t it?!